[API-users] Crawling paused and new taxonomic backbone

Holetschek, Jörg J.Holetschek at bgbm.org
Thu May 12 14:23:04 CEST 2016

Thanks a lot, Markus!

Jörg

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Markus Döring [mailto:mdoering at gbif.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2016 10:29
An: Holetschek, Jörg
Cc: api-users at lists.gbif.org
Betreff: Re: [API-users] Crawling paused and new taxonomic backbone

Hi Jörg,

I have created a new backbone export as a DwC-A with vernacular names, multimedia, distributions, references and descriptions:
http://rs.gbif.org/datasets/backbone/backbone-2016-04-13.dwca.gz

The EML is not fully up to date yet and Im still refining the archive to also have “constituent” metadata, i.e. for each primary source we used for assembling the backbone we will add also an EML file - just as we do for the Catalogue of Life.

The new export feature can soon also be used to retrieve other datasets in a normalised format.

Markus