[API-users] Some questions from a begginer

Roderic Page Roderic.Page at glasgow.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 16:54:46 CEST 2015

Hi Alex,

Absolutely. I think part of the challenge is to show that adding data to aggregators can yield real, tangible benefits. Part of the problem is that such benefits are often not obvious, or indeed, available. If aggregators could offer richer ways of augmenting data (e.g., “oh, I see you’ve added these specimens, did you know that they’ve been cited in these papers, are vouchers for these sequences. that these taxonomic names have changed recently, etc.) then I think might might also help encourage people to see value in doing this, rather than simply checking the box marked “send data to aggregator”.

Regards

Rod

Roderic Page
Professor of Taxonomy