[API-users] geometry string length

Tim Robertson trobertson at gbif.org
Tue Mar 31 09:22:11 CEST 2015

Hi Scott,

My first thoughts are that even if we got it across the wire (using GET or POST) I would expect that the front ends will time out long before the SOLR index computed the query.
I would recommend doing a bounding box search on GBIF, and then using geometry functions in R to "cookie cutter” the result set to the fine polygon.

Is that something you think would be manageable?

Cheers,
Tim