[API-users] geometry string length

Scott Chamberlain myrmecocystus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 00:11:53 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Any known way to get around the URI string length for GET requests to the
`/occurrence/search` endpoint? E.g., are POST requests supported for
passing in parameters?  I ask because a user of an R client I work on wants
to pass in a polygon that is 40K characters long.  Of course precision
could be reduced, so the string is shorter, but that doesn't seem ideal.
Also not ideal is converting to a bounding box approach that approximates
the polygon, then converting that to WKT. Any thoughts?

I know it's not standard, but maybe you allow body to be passed to a GET
request for `/occurrence/search`?

Thanks! Scott