[API-users] coordinateAccurracy field

Scott Chamberlain myrmecocystus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:36:22 CEST 2015

Hi Tim and Markus,

Thanks for your quick responses.

coordinateUncertaintyInMeters is what I wanted, thanks for pointing that
out. Does that field ever show up in search results though? e.g., from
/occurrence/search  I haven't seen it yet, but it does show up in verbatim
results, e.g. http://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/1088909149/verbatim . But
in the non-verbatim record of the same occurrence key
coordinateUncertaintyInMeters isn't in the record
http://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/1088909149/

Anyway, my users have requested this data (i.e.,
coordinateUncertaintyInMeters), but going to verbatim records for each
occurrence key seems like a tedious approach.   Will
coordinateUncertaintyInMeters
be populated in the results returned by the /occurrence/search route
sometime in the future? If not, I can direct them to verbatim occurrence
records.

Best, Scott

p.s. the occurrenceDetails field somehow got `http://unknown.org/` appended
to the beginning of the field name, e.g,
http://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/1088909149/ - I assume that is an error