[API-users] coordinateAccurracy field

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Tue Jul 21 10:46:30 CEST 2015

Hi Scott,
coordinateAccurracy is the uncertainty radius for lat/lon in decimal degrees which we interpret and keep directly on the Occurrence class:
https://github.com/gbif/gbif-api/blob/master/src/main/java/org/gbif/api/model/occurrence/Occurrence.java#L121
https://github.com/gbif/dwc-api/blob/master/src/main/java/org/gbif/dwc/terms/GbifTerm.java#L41

Our processing right now only recognizes dwc:coordinatePrecision as a source for the accurracy:
https://github.com/gbif/occurrence/blob/master/occurrence-processor/src/main/java/org/gbif/occurrence/processor/interpreting/LocationInterpreter.java#L167

As you have seen there is an open issue still to also interpret the uncertainty in meters:
http://dev.gbif.org/issues/browse/POR-1804

We need to check if it is never populated which would be a bug,
Markus