[API-users] Occurrence search API limitations

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Fri Apr 24 11:28:57 CEST 2015

Hi,

we do not expect to remove or even extend the search limit I am afraid.
For programmatic asynchroneous searches you need to actively poll the download request status to see when its done and then retrieve the content.

Alternatively It would be fairly simple for us to add a new success and failure callback URL parameter when creating a new request. We would then call these URLs once the download is completed or failed.
Would that make things a lot easier than actively polling?

Markus