[API-users] did identifiers change btwn the old and new gbif?

Ken-ichi kenichi.ueda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 02:57:07 CEST 2014

It looks like http://www.inaturalist.org/observations/64364 is indexed
at both http://data.gbif.org/occurrences/606641999 and
http://www.gbif.org/occurrence/891075685. Does this mean the same
records have completely different identifiers in the old and new
systems? Additionally, do identifiers change every time an external
source gets indexed, or was this switch just due to migration to a new
data store? Please tell me they don't change on every index. I'm
trying to use the API to check whether iNat observations have been
indexed by GBIF and the link back to the GBIF version on each
observation page. If the identifiers change, that means the links will
break every time you re-index us.

-ken-ichi