[API-users] Portal API: /species?name=A search is down

Gaurav Vaidya gaurav at ggvaidya.com
Wed Jun 18 02:39:03 CEST 2014

Hi Markus,

On 17 Jun, 2014, at 12:24 am, Markus Döring <mdoering at gbif.org> wrote:
> the correct call to the species match service is this:
> http://api.gbif.org/v0.9/species/match?name=Hoolock+hoolock%E2%80%9D
>
> I'm surprised it did work before, I don't think we changed the URL in this release.
> We *did* finally do a new deploy though yesterday morning so you should see a slightly enhanced occurrence API now.
/species?name=… is listed as a search method in http://www.gbif.org/developer/species#searching, and it does exactly what I need: /species/match won’t work for me since it only searches the Backbone Taxonomy, while I need to look for names across all the checklists on GBIF.

I can use /species/search and then filter out non-perfect matches, but if you have any plans to reinstate /species?name=…, that would be very helpful!

cheers,
Gaurav