[API-users] GBIF API v1.0 live
j.holetschek at bgbm.org
Thu Jul 17 11:18:32 CEST 2014
Great to have the final version of the API available! I used it to find out metadata about datasets from the registry and I found some odd datasets.
For BioCASe/DiGIR/TAPIR endpoints, the conceptualSchema usually can be found in the machineTags of the respective endpoint, or in the machineTags of the dataset (e.g. http://api.gbif.org/v1/dataset/88b04a08-f762-11e1-a439-00145eb45e9a).
But I came across many BioCASe/DiGIR/TAPIR endpoints with no according machineTag, for example
Is that intended? How is it possible to find out the conceptualSchema for these endpoints?
(I also found one endpoint that lacks the 'url' field, but I guess that's just a freak:
Von: api-users-bounces at lists.gbif.org<mailto:api-users-bounces at lists.gbif.org> [mailto:api-users-bounces at lists.gbif.org] Im Auftrag von Markus Döring
Gesendet: Freitag, 11. Juli 2014 15:19
An: api-users at lists.gbif.org<mailto:api-users at lists.gbif.org>
Betreff: [API-users] GBIF API v1.0 live
Dear GBIF API users,
sorry for the far too long downtime today, but the good news is that version 1.0 of the API is finally live now!
You can find the updated documentation here as usual:
The previous v0.9 API URL will still be running up to the end of August, serving the exact same content.
Hope you enjoy it.
with best wishes,
your GBIF dev team
Version 1.0 changes:
- remove all underscores from URLs and replace them with camelCase (mainly species & metrics API)
- dataset.owningOrganizationKey renamed to dataset.publishingOrganizationKey
- use of lists instead of simple strings for email, phone, homepage, position and address for contacts, organization and node in the registry
- include issue column in dwca download
- search facets use country iso 2letter codes
- species & dataset suggest returns minimal information now: http://api.gbif-uat.org/v0.9/species/suggest?q=Dracul
- remove reverse geocode & mendeley GBIF articles from our API
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the API-users