[API-users] GBIF Challenge

Tim Robertson dev at gbif.org
Mon Dec 8 09:57:16 CET 2014

Hi Eli,

Please can you join and post to the api users mailing list [1] for these kind of questions?

> 1. I have used "/species"  addition and received only 20 results. how do i remove this limit ?
> or how can i read the next page ?

Please see the documentation on paging http://www.gbif.org/developer/summary#common

If you add ?limit=100 you will receive 100 results, and if you add &offset=100 you will receive the second 100 results for example.
Please bear in mind that if you request limit=10000000 it will be reduced to a sensible limit, which is state on the response.  In most case 20 or 100 will be the optimal page size for performance.

> 2. For the Map section, how can i get the Keys for the Taxson, Dataset and Publisher (The ISO keys for countries i found with Google) ?

Please see the documentation on the Registry API [2] for dataset (/dataset) and publishing organisation (/oraganization) and Species API [3] for taxa keys.
ISO country codes are on many sites such as wikipedia but the authoritative site is https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Tim