[ALA-Portal] Dissemination plan for Living Atlases videos

Marie Elise Lecoq melecoq at vertnet.org
Mon Jun 17 01:50:46 CET 2019

Dear colleagues,

As you may know, we are currently working on a CESP project around the
Living Atlases community. In addition to the workshop, we have created two
videos that explain how to use some modules of the ALA toolsets. We are
about to launch them.

The two videos are ready and available in YouTube and we have planned to
broadly disseminate them this Tuesday (June 18th). To facilitate the
promotion of these videos, we have made a dissemination plan. It would be
great if you can support this plan by completing some of the following
tasks:

Tuesday at 8:00 am (CESP) – I (Administrative LA Community Manager) publish
the attached news on the LA community website, upload the videos to the
website (embedding them in the Homepage) and publish a tweet in the new LA
Twitter account (@LivingAtlases).

After this, throughout the day:

·         GBIF.org uploads the videos to the CESP project website
<https://www.gbif.org/project/6AxerPwlnacq6S28iK0Gki/international-living-atlases-workshop-how-to-improve-data-use-with-atlas-of-living-australia-modules>
.

·         GBIF.org adds the videos on the Homepage.

·         GBIF.ES uploads the videos to the CESP project website
<https://www.gbif.es/en/proyecto/international-living-atlases-workshop-how-to-improve-data-use-with-atlas-of-living-australia-modules/>.
If other members have also created an specific website for this CESP
project on their organization websites, it would be awesome if they upload
the videos in there.

·         Rest of LA community members upload the videos on their
organization websites (where they consider).

·         If possible, all LA community members add (embed?) the videos on
their organization Homepages.

·         All LA community members publish this news
<https://www.gbif.org/news/lnzgTHGWkrHJd3nVuNJBL/_preview> on their
websites in the language(s) they consider (i.e. GBIF.es will publish the
news in Spanish and English).

·         GBIF.org and the whole LA community (if they have a Twitter
account) repost the original tweet published by Marie at 8:00 am (CESP).

·         Optional but desirable – GBIF.org and the whole LA community (if
they have a Twitter account) publish a personalized tweet about the videos.
Personalization could be, for example, a tweet in our local languages. This
is especially relevant because our own tweets allows us to tag other
profiles and increase the impact of our posts. Please, do not forget to
mention the LA community account (@LivingAtlases).

·         If other LA community members use a different social media
channel from Twitter, it would be nice if they also disseminate the videos
trough them.

·         GBIF.org notifies the wider nodes community by email.

·         All LA community members notify their local contacts by email.

We will be very grateful if you can support this dissemination plan as much
as you are able. If you have any doubts related to any of these tasks,
please, do not hesitate in sharing it. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you for the support!

Best regards,

Marie-Elise on behalf of the coordination team.

--
Marie-Elise Lecoq
Adminitrative coordinator - Living Atlases community