[Ala-portal] Taxon Profile DB

Allan Koch allan.kv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 14:36:34 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I was studing the code of Processing of biocache-store and I figured out
that the biocache uses the TaxonProfile list to include Vernacular names
from a scientific name ID. Is it right?

If yes, how can I create or modify the TaxonProfile?

I also figured out that TaxonProfile list is storaged in Cassandra ("Taxon"
family collumn).
Is this database filled by *TaxonProfileLoader* (
https://github.com/AtlasOfLivingAustralia/biocache-store/blob/master/src/main/scala/au/org/ala/biocache/load/TaxonProfileLoader.scala)?

How to run this TaxonProfileLoader and with what input?

or I might consider creating a Cassandra script for inserting records into
the Taxon family columns?

Thank you folks,

Allan Koch Veiga

Núcleo de Pesquisa em Biodiversidade e Computação - BioComp
Laboratório de Automação Agrícola - LAA
Depto. de Engenharia de Computação e Sistemas Digitais - PCS
Engenharia Elétrica - Escola Politécnica da USP
Celular: +55 11 8401-2277
Email: allan.kv at usp.br