[Ala-portal] biocache-hubs customizations

David.Martin at csiro.au David.Martin at csiro.au
Fri Sep 26 04:48:37 CEST 2014

Thanks Santiago, Daniel.

I thought I should add that state/territory values are added during the
processing.
You¹ve probably noticed they are only limited to Australian states.
Theres two ways the stateProvince values are added:

1) Intersection with a polygon layer.
2) Matching the stateProvince value supplied in the raw record.

For 1), theres still work to be done for the ala-demo to package up more
of the GIS components to enable support for sampling.
So for now 2) is the only option. To do this you can override the
vocabulary file by including your own version here:

/data/biocache/vocab/stateProvinces.txt

The format of these files is tab separated like so:

Canonical form, variant1, variant2, variant3

E.g.

New South Wales, NSW, N. South Wales

To pick up changes to vocab files, you¹ll need to:

1) change the files
2) re-process
3) re-index

Hope this helps.