[Ala-portal] NSL

Allan Koch allan.kv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 16:58:19 CEST 2014

Hi Natasha and David,

I would like to notify that the DwC-A names indexer works perfectly.
We already have the Biocache running  with a customized taxon concepts list.
We are planning automate the process to create and update the index by
merging several lists (CoL, Fauna, Flora, etc). When it is ready, we will
let you know.

Thanks for supporting.

But now, we are working in the list of taxon of BIE.
If I understood right, the BIE consumes a NSL-WS as the source of taxon
concepts, right?

So, If we want an instance of BIE with our customized taxon concepts list,
will we need to run an instance of the NSL project and create a new names
repository in an XML DB (eXist)?

I have attached a figure that describes what we have understanding the
architecture. Could you validate if it´s correct?

Best regards,

Allan Koch Veiga

Núcleo de Pesquisa em Biodiversidade e Computação - BioComp
Laboratório de Automação Agrícola - LAA
Depto. de Engenharia de Computação e Sistemas Digitais - PCS
Engenharia Elétrica - Escola Politécnica da USP
Celular: +55 11 8401-2277
Email: allan.kv at usp.br

"*Stay hungry, stay foolish.*" Stewart Brand