[Ala-portal] [ExternalEmail] Re: cassandra

David.Martin at csiro.au David.Martin at csiro.au
Fri Apr 11 07:50:45 CEST 2014

Thanks Daniel, Natasha.

I am again impressed by how far your team has got with these components.
The BIE is one component that we didn't anticipate external projects would use.
It is something we are currently rethinking and plan to completely redevelop.
I would expect re-using the code as is will be challenging and might be of little benefit.
That said, you are of course free to do as you will with it.

If you are looking for a place to put ad-hoc species profile data, the list tool (http://lists.ala.org.au) might be the best place to start.
Once the information is on this tool it is accessible via webservices.

Hope this helps,

Dave Martin
ALA