[Ala-portal] internationalization problems
Nick.Dosremedios at csiro.au
Nick.Dosremedios at csiro.au
Wed Apr 9 08:13:11 CEST 2014
Hi Daniel and Suelane,
I’ve had a look at your messages_es.properties file and it appears to contain text which has been encoded in a mixture of UTF-8 and Western (Windows-1252). When I view the file in a text editor that lets me change the character encoding (you can use a web browser to do this too), I can read some of the file properly with UTF-8 and other parts of the file with the encoding set to Western (Windows-1252). So I think this file has been edited on a number of occasions, possibly on different computers and this has resulted in a mixture of the 2 character encodings.
Nick dos Remedios
Atlas of Living Australia
From: Daniel Lins <daniel.lins at gmail.com<mailto:daniel.lins at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, 9 April 2014 12:07 pm
To: "Suelane G. Fontes" <suelane at uol.com.br<mailto:suelane at uol.com.br>>
Cc: Nick <nick.dosremedios at csiro.au<mailto:nick.dosremedios at csiro.au>>, Silvio Stanzani <silvio.stanzani at gmail.com<mailto:silvio.stanzani at gmail.com>>, "ala-portal at lists.gbif.org<mailto:ala-portal at lists.gbif.org>" <ala-portal at lists.gbif.org<mailto:ala-portal at lists.gbif.org>>
Subject: Re: [Ala-portal] internationalization problems
I'm sending the compressed file as requested. I also renamed the file extension from .zip to .xxx.
Let me know if you still have problems.
Em 7 de abril de 2014 15:50, Suelane G. Fontes <suelane at uol.com.br<mailto:suelane at uol.com.br>> escreveu:
The problem 1, is solved. The solution that you passed me did suit my needs perfectly!
The problem 4, how you did suggestion ... I am sending the files (recordCoreDiv.jsp and messages_pt_BR.properties) to you to test.
De: Nick.Dosremedios at csiro.au<mailto:Nick.Dosremedios at csiro.au>
Enviada: Quarta-feira, 2 de Abril de 2014 05:56
Para: suelane at uol.com.br<mailto:suelane at uol.com.br>,ala-portal at lists.gbif.org<mailto:ala-portal at lists.gbif.org>
Assunto: [Ala-portal] internationalization problems
1) I think you are asking about the properties in Figure 1 listed under “Propriedades Adicionais”, is that correct (the fields you mentioned do not appear to be listed in your example - figure 1)?
I think this can be done by adding the optional parameter fieldNameIsMsgCode to the tag and then adding a prefix to the fieldName parameter so that your i18n properties are grouped.
2) I’m afraid we are planning to remove the “environmental layers” feature, as it is heavily tied to the ALA spatial portal and the layers provided are licensed to ALA only.
3) I’m not clear on which fields you could not find in Figure 3. If you are referring to the “regions” section (IBRA, IMCRA and LGA fields), then I would suggest that these be removed as they are specific to Australia only.
4) I’m not sure why the special characters are not displaying correctly. I would check the character encoding for your messages_XX.properties files to make sure they are encoded in UTF-8. If you could send me your messages_pt_BR.proerties file (and one of the JSP files you have changed (e.g showCore.jsp) I could test it here as well.
From: "Suelane G. Fontes" <suelane at uol.com.br<http://../../../firstname.lastname@example.org>>
Date: Tuesday, 1 April 2014 4:25 am
To: "ala-portal at lists.gbif.org<http://../../../email@example.com>" <ala-portal at lists.gbif.org<http://../../../firstname.lastname@example.org>>
Cc: "silvio.stanzani at gmail.com<http://../../../email@example.com>" <silvio.stanzani at gmail.com<http://../../../firstname.lastname@example.org>>
Subject: [Ala-portal] internationalization problems
We are developing the Portuguese version of ALA portal using the internationalization
mechanisms provided by ALA.
1) We provided translation for the “view register” functionality as shown in figure 1.
Most terms were found in “recordCoreDiv.jsp” file, but terms such as Data provider name,
Data provider uid, Institution uid And so on, could no be found in that file. Where is the right
location to find such terms?
2) Where can I find the terms which appears in the combo box “environmental layer”? such combo
is shown in figure 2:
3) In the advanced research tab there are fields which we could not find, as shown in figure 3.
Where should I found such terms?
4) After the internationalization process a number of codification errors appeared as shown in
figure 4. How can I set the correct codification in ALA Portal in order to properly show the
Portuguese characters, such as: ~, ` and ´ .
The figures were uploaded as attachments.
Suelane Garcia Fontes
(Cel) 55 11 99514-8170<tel:55%2011%2099514-8170>
Research Center on Biodiversity and Computing (Biocomp)
University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
suelane at uol.com.br<http://../../../email@example.com>
Ala-portal mailing list
Ala-portal at lists.gbif.org<mailto:Ala-portal at lists.gbif.org>
Daniel Lins da Silva
(Cel) 11 6144-4050
daniel.lins at gmail.com<mailto:daniel.lins at gmail.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ala-portal