[Hit] Issue with the "Synchronise" step

Kyle Braak (GBIF) kbraak at gbif.org
Thu Dec 17 15:54:41 CET 2009

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for trying to get the HIT to work on Windows XP and for
bringing the errors you saw to my attention.

A new version working for Windows XP has now been made available.

I urge you to update the source code across the various projects, or,
try taking the new WAR that I've made available here: http://gbif-indexingtoolkit.googlecode.com/files/hit-0.9.3.war
  that I've tested on XP with the same versions of Tomcat and MySQL
that you used yourself.

Important: the instructions for creating the databases have changed.
So too have a couple of the configuration instructions. They are just
some minor changes really, such as enforcing the character set UTF-8
be used, and that the harvest.directory property (in the configuration
properties file) be set especially for Windows, but they are necessary
in order to get the newest version to work. Therefore, please recreate
the two databases and reconfigure the application accordingly.
Assuming you were using the installation instructions for developers,
you could review these steps here: http://code.google.com/p/gbif-indexingtoolkit/wiki/InstallationForDevelopers

Should you encounter any additional problems please let me know. If
any of the documentation needs clarification as well, please let me
know as well.

Best of luck, and thanks again for your help.

Kyle
On 14/12/2009, at 04.04, <Natasha.Carter at csiro.au> <Natasha.Carter at csiro.au