[IPT] error in communication with gbif registry

Rui Figueira ruifigueira at isa.ulisboa.pt
Wed Apr 3 17:00:08 UTC 2024

Dear IPT list,

My IPT 2.7.6 installation on a debian server with java JRE 8 and tomcat7
show the following error:

An IO error occurred while trying to communicate with the GBIF Registry.
[https://gbrds.gbif.org/registry/network.json]

When I did a restart of the tomcat service, I got the following error in
the log file

ERROR 03-Apr-2024 17:29:35 [org.gbif.ipt.service.admin.impl.VocabulariesManagerImpl] - An IO error occurred while trying to communicate with the GBIF Registry. [https://gbrds.gbif.org/registry/thesauri.json]
org.gbif.ipt.service.RegistryException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

As a consequence, the IPT is unable to show any of the existing resources.

Have you seen this error, and know how to solve it? Notice that the
server has no ssl certificate installed.

Thanks,

Rui

--

Rui Figueira
Coordenador do Nó Português do GBIF
ruifigueira at isa.ulisboa.pt
Instituto Superior de Agronomia
Herbário
Tapada da Ajuda, 1349-017 Lisboa, Portugal
Tel. +351 213653165 | Fax. +351 213653195
http://www.gbif.pt
http://www.isa.ulisboa.pt