[IPT] error in metadata - citation

Dimitri Brosens dimitri.brosens at inbo.be
Tue Sep 7 12:33:07 UTC 2021

Hi Rui,

I think I had the same problem... This might be a workaround, try to
publish the data first (privately) and by miracle the issue of the citation
was fixed.
For me, the error was that I only had a blink screen when navigating to the
citations section..

Chrs,
Dimi

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 1:15 PM Rui Figueira <ruifigueira at isa.ulisboa.pt>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We are using IPT 2.5.1, on a server with Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
> (build 1.8.0_131-b11) and tomcat7.
>
> In managing a newly created resource, if we navigate to Metadata,
> section citation, we get the following error:
>
> =====
>
> FreeMarker template error (HTML_DEBUG mode; use RETHROW in production!)
>
> Java method
> "org.gbif.ipt.model.Resource.generateResourceCitation(String, String)"
> threw an exception when invoked on org.gbif.ipt.model.Resource object
> "Resource ibi_mantodea_01"; see cause exception in the Java stack trace.
>
> ----
> FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related):
>      - Failed at: ${action.resource.generateResourceCit...  [in template
> "WEB-INF/pages/manage/eml/citations.ftl" at line 14, column 41]
> ----
>
> Java stack trace (for programmers):
> ----
> freemarker.core._TemplateModelException: [... Exception message was
> already printed; see it above ...]
>      at
>
> freemarker.ext.beans._MethodUtil.newInvocationTemplateModelException(_MethodUtil.java:289)
>      at
>
> freemarker.ext.beans._MethodUtil.newInvocationTemplateModelException(_MethodUtil.java:261)
>      at
>
> freemarker.ext.beans.OverloadedMethodsModel.exec(OverloadedMethodsModel.java:65)
>      at freemarker.core.MethodCall._eval(MethodCall.java:65)
>      at freemarker.core.Expression.eval(Expression.java:81)

>      at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Calendar.java:1770)
>      at org.gbif.ipt.model.Resource.getPublicationYear(Resource.java:1240)
>      at
> org.gbif.ipt.model.Resource.generateResourceCitation(Resource.java:1153)
>      at
> org.gbif.ipt.model.Resource.generateResourceCitation(Resource.java:1113)
>      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor967.invoke(Unknown Source)
>
> =====
>
> Could anyone help to sort out how to resolve this problem? Let me know
> if you need any more information.
>
> best,
>
> Rui
>
> --
> ------------------
>
> Rui Figueira
> Coordenador do Nó Português do GBIF
> ruifigueira at isa.ulisboa.pt
> Instituto Superior de Agronomia
> Herbário
> Tapada da Ajuda, 1349-017 Lisboa, Portugal
> Tel. +351 213653165 | Fax. +351 213653195
> http://www.gbif.pt
> http://www.isa.ulisboa.pt

Belgian Biodiversity Platform

Dimitri Brosens https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0846-9116

Biodiversity Research Liaison Officer
Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Havenlaan 88 bus 73
1070 Brussels

ORCID: 0000-0002-0846-9116

www.inbo.be
www.biodiversity.be
www.beescommunity.be
*WATCH OUR BELGIAN BIODIVERSITY PLATFORM MOVIES ON:*
http://vimeo.com/114955090 (data publication activities)
http://vimeo.com/114955160 (science-policy activities)
http://vimeo.com/114955193 (our general mission)

<http://www.biodiversity.be/>