[IPT] IPT 2.5.0

Mikhail Podolskiy mpodolskiy at gbif.org
Fri Jun 25 15:37:35 UTC 2021

Hi folks

I'd like to start by introducing myself. I am Mikhail Podolskiy, a software developer at the GBIF Secretariat. I will now be taking lead responsibility for the IPT, and will be developing the IPT following the recommendations from the consultation we held last year at the TDWG sessions.

I am happy to announce that a TEST version of the forthcoming IPT 2.5.0 is available and ask if you could please help us in testing and translation.

Please see the "Releases" page in the user manual for download links and upgrade instructions:
https://ipt.gbif.org/manual/en/ipt/2.5/releases/

This version addresses 63 issues [1] including the famous "double log in bug" and brings in a fresher looking user interface. There are 7 further issues that we will address before the final release. This version is a release candidate, named 2.5.0-RC1 and is not suitable for production use.

The new interface will need some new translations.  Existing or new translators may use the Crowdin project[2] to add and update translations in traditional Chinese, French, Japanese, Persian, Brazilian, Russian and Spanish.

It would be very helpful if you could help by exploring the functions you are familiar with, and if you run security tests arrange for this to happen.

Please report any issues on the IPT GitHub [3].

Thank you,

Mikhail

[1] https://github.com/gbif/ipt/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A2.5.0

[2] https://crowdin.com/project/gbif-ipt