[IPT] IPT security update (Log4J / Log4Shell exploit)

Matthew Blissett mblissett at gbif.org
Wed Dec 15 15:19:21 UTC 2021

Dear IPT users,

Yesterday, the developers of the Log4J library used by the IPT issued a
further security update, described at [1].  It is less severe than the
first problem, since it does not allow attackers to run their own code
on a hacked server.

The IPT does not use this part of Log4J, so we will not release a new
version of the IPT for this.

It's still important to upgrade to version 2.5.4, containing Log4J
version 2.15.0, as described in the email below.

Best regards,

Matthew

[1]
https://www.lunasec.io/docs/blog/log4j-zero-day-update-on-cve-2021-45046/