[IPT] How does one upload large datasets to GBIF?

Laura Anne Russell larussell at gbif.org
Tue Jul 7 15:10:50 UTC 2020

Hi Annie,

If your data is in a database (MySQL, Oracle, etc), you can make a database connection to the database within the IPT instead uploading a file. https://github.com/gbif/ipt/wiki/IPT2ManualManageResources.wiki#database-as-data-source

Or (and this is a hack) you create a same named file with a just few records that you can upload and map. Then you take the same named file with all the records and copy it over the uploaded file on the server in the ipt data folder. Then you go back to the IPT, edit the data source and click the Analyze button, Save, then publish. Someone with access to the directories on the server would need to do this.

Best,

Laura

Laura Anne Russell
Programme Officer for Participation and Engagement
Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) Secretariat

larussell at gbif.org (email)
laura.anne.russell (Skype)
@pagodarose (Twitter)
#CiteTheDOI @GBIF