[IPT] update of Darwin Core Resource Relationship extension

Rui Figueira ruifigueira at isa.ulisboa.pt
Thu Jun 28 12:14:54 CEST 2018

Hi IPT list members,

Could anyone help me to understand what are the implications of doing an
update of the Darwin Core Resource Relationship extension, that our IPT
installation is asking to update?

I am particularly concerned with the dataset
http://ipt.gbif.pt/ipt/resource?r=edp_tua_arthropoda_eia, that is using
this extension. The table resourcerelationship.txt in the dataset uses
the term scientificName to identify the name of the tree where larva of
butterflies feed on. This is reflected in the occurrence data at
gbif.org, for example, in this record:
https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/1585354292.

I noticed that the update of the extension dropped the term
scientificName. So, could anyone guide me on the changes that I need to
do in the dataset, in order to be able to update the extension and have
the same or equivalent information about the relationship in the record
at https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/1585354292?

Best regards,

Rui

--

Rui Figueira
Coordenador do Nó Português do GBIF
ruifigueira at isa.ulisboa.pt
Instituto Superior de Agronomia
Herbário
Tapada da Ajuda, 1349-017 Lisboa, Portugal
Tel. +351 213653165 | Fax. +351 213653195
http://www.gbif.pt
http://www.isa.ulisboa.pt