[IPT] New IPT resources available

Alberto González-Talaván [GBIF] atalavan at gbif.org
Thu Jan 8 16:57:39 CET 2015

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, a 2-hour webinar about the installation of the IPT that was held,
organized by a consortium of North American and Canadian institutions (i.e.,
iDigBio, Canadensys, VertNet and others) and the GBIF Secretariat. Laura
Russell (VertNet) and Kyle Braak (GBIF Secretariat) acted as trainers, while
Deborah Paul (iDigBio) and I acted as facilitators. The session was held in
the iDigBio Adobe Connect platform.

As part of this exercise, a number of new resources are available:

1.       A 2-hour recording of the complete webinar
<http://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/p4dfquy4bsf/> ;

2.       A 7-minute video describing the IPT installation
<http://vimeo.com/116142276> ;

3.       3 new presentations about the  IPT [1] requirements
<http://www.gbif.org/resources/78258> , [2] customization options
<http://www.gbif.org/resources/78260> , [3] known issues
<http://www.gbif.org/resources/78261>  that may occur during the
installation and help resources;

All this documentation is available in the resources section of GBIF.org
<http://www.gbif.org/resources/archive> , in the IPT interest group as a
summary page
<http://community.gbif.org/pg/pages/view/45708/resources-from-the-january-20
15-ipt-webinar>  and in the webinar wiki page
<https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/Data_Sharing_Data_Standards_and_Demy
stifying_the_IPT#Pre-Workshop_WEBINAR_on_IPT_Install_.2F_Set_up> .

Please use these resources as much as you like. If you have developed other
training or promotional resources related to the IPT, I would love to know
about it :)

With regards

Alberto

----------

Alberto GONZÁLEZ TALAVÁN

Senior Programme Officer for Training

Global Biodiversity Information Facility Secretariat

Universitetsparken 15

DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark

email: atalavan at gbif.org

twitter: atalavan <https://twitter.com/atalavan>