[IPT] Unable to register and update resource in IPT 2.0.3

Kyle Braak [GBIF] kbraak at gbif.org
Fri Aug 29 10:59:52 CEST 2014

Dear Aaike,

You should upgrade to version 2.1.1 because it fixes security vulnerabilities in the Apache Struts 2 web framework, which the IPT uses. For more information about these security vulnerabilities and the IPT version history, you can check the IPT Google Code homepage or http://www.gbif.org/ipt/releases.

Regarding the problem you are experiencing, Issue 840 affected version 2.0.3 and may be the cause. If you are unable to perform an "update registration" (under Administration/GBIF Registration options), please write to me directly with your IPT's password or registration.xml file located inside the IPT data directory's config folder.

Alternatively, it could also be Issue 1038, so please check your homepage URL in your metadata starts with 'http' or 'https'.

Kind regards,

Kyle