[IPT] Conflict "Darwin Core Sample Extension" and "Darwin Core Sample Core"

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Wed Oct 23 13:32:42 CEST 2013

Sorry John, a typo on my side.
Yes, the rowType should be like you say and Ive replaced sampleID with the new materialSampleID too.

This is still a sandbox extension and contains also the DNA extension terms.
We can see how that works and create a new sandbox version as a candidate for a new production core after TDWG maybe?

Here is the updated definition (incl the latest docs):
http://rs.gbif.org/sandbox/extension/dwc_sample_core.xml

Markus

On 23.10.2013, at 13:26, John Wieczorek wrote:

> Shouldn't the rowType be http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/MaterialSample?
>
> The proposal to add the MaterialSample class (and the materialSampleID
> property) was approved by the TDWG Executive Committee. I am in the
> process of publishing the updated version of the standard based on
> this.
>
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM, "Markus Döring (GBIF)"
> <mdoering at gbif.org> wrote:
>> Thanks Gabi for letting us know.
>> I assume this happens when using the sandbox environment?
>>
>> In production you should only have the classic 2 cores.
>>
>> But in the sandbox there are both a sample core and a sample extension:
>>
>> http://rs.gbif.org/sandbox/extension/dwc_sample_core.xml
>> http://rs.gbif.org/sandbox/extension/dwc_sample.xml
>>
>> They both use the same rowType which is not allowed. It seems to me the core definition is bad, it also has a namespace different from what the rowType suggests.
>> I will update the core definition to make it use the new DwC term MaterialSample so it should not conflict with the DNA extension:
>>
>> name=MaterialSample
>> namespace=http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/
>> rowType=http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/MaterialSample
>>

>> Markus
>>

>> On 23.10.2013, at 12:55, Dröge, Gabriele wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I have another question concerning IPT and the Darwin Core extensions.
>>>
>>> For my test mapping I am using the Occurrences Core. Using the “Darwin Core Sample Extension” works in principal but unfortunately it is changed to “Darwin Core Sample Core” today (and can therefore not be used). Due to the similar name there seems to be a technical conflict.
>>>
>>> Could you please check this?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Gabi