[IPT] Classloader leak in IPT

Tim Robertson [GBIF] trobertson at gbif.org
Thu Sep 6 09:32:52 CEST 2012

Hi Derek,

Thanks for taking the time to investigate this.

Please know that the IPT uses Google Guice which has a known memory leak [ e.g. 1], but is not particularly critical, and we are all waiting for some time for it to be fixed in the next major release.  You might find that this is the cause of the error report.
There have been IPTs known to run for more than a year without issues, so I hope you don't find this to be critical to your deployment - if you find you are doing a lot of redeployments however, then perhaps it would become more problematic.

HTH,
Tim

[1] http://code.google.com/p/google-guice/issues/detail?id=288