[IPT] All space-characters in metadata are replaced to plus-character

Tero Mononen tero.mononen at uef.fi
Fri Mar 9 09:35:08 CET 2012

Hi

We have used this IPT-setup without any problems till now.

System:
Version 2.0.2-r3306
Apache Tomcat/6.0.24
JVM 1.6.0_29-b1

Problem:
All space-characters in metadata are replaced to plus-character. For example title "foo bar car" is saved as "foo+bar+car". It affects in every text field in metadata.

If I include at least one plus-char in a text value, it prevents the space replacement. For example "foo bar car+dar" is saved as it is.

I think this is related to Java/Tomcat/urlencode. Do you have suggestions how to fix this problem?

Best Regards,
Tero Mononen

--
Digitarium
Digitisation Centre of the Finnish Museum of Natural History and the University of Eastern Finland Faculty of Science and Forestry, Joensuu Science Park Länsikatu 15 (P.O. Box 111)

Tero Mononen, Analyst Programmer
tero.mononen at uef.fi<mailto:juha.lehtonen at uef.fi>
+358-50-5631788