[IPT] Running IPT in Netbeans for Debugging

Tim Robertson [GBIF] trobertson at gbif.org
Wed Jun 13 22:52:41 CEST 2012

Hi Sarfaraz

There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to, although I haven't used netbeans myself.
The IPT is a pretty standard maven project - for debugging webapps, I normally just run in Tomcat and attach a eclipse as a remote debugger.  I presume you can do something similar with netbeans, but I'm not sure anyone has done so.

If netbeans doesn't have good maven support, you can probably configure a netbeans build environment that generates the war file, but your question would probably be best posted to a netbeans specific forum asking how to integrate maven war projects with netbeans.  If you plan on doing  a lot of development, then it might be worthwhile going through that initial pain of getting it set up in the IDE.

I hope this helps,
Tim