[IPT] Simple Images Extension

Aurelio Sanabria asanabria at inbio.ac.cr
Thu Sep 8 22:49:09 CEST 2011

Hi Markus,

2011/9/8 "Markus Döring (GBIF)" <mdoering at gbif.org>

> I guess the rightsHolder is different from the creator or publisher in some
> cases?

mmm, I'm lost here.

picture this:

1. I paid a friend of mine (Fred) to take pictures (Creator: Fred, Rights
Holder: me)
2. I share the pictures with CC-BY-SA-NC license (Creator: Fred, Publisher:
me, Rights Holder: me, license: CC-BY-SA-NC)
3. Jim (a web developer) use my picture on a website and then share the
images of his website. (Creator: Fred, Publisher: Jim, Rights Holder:
¿me/Jim?, license: CC-BY-SA-NC)

Should this two fields be the same? or after sharing Images under a CC
license the Rights Holder is always the Publisher? how could I manage the
"BY" part of the license when sharing images using this extension?

(I think I need a lawyer and turn off my "corner case" imagination).

--
Best regards,
Aurelio Sanabria