[IPT] Looking for JAR file that is responsible for DwC-A creation.

info at pensoft.net info at pensoft.net
Tue Oct 18 23:23:44 CEST 2011

Hi Markus,

Just to let you know that we are working on a similar module, within our
Pensoft Writing Tool (PWT).

The question opened by Aaron reminded me to ask if anyone knows even a
good DwC-A viewer, that is a tool that vizualises Darrin Core Archive
files in a form of human readable table(s)?

Best regards,
Lyubomir

On 19.10.2011 г. 00:14 ч., "Markus Döring (GBIF)" wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
> unfortunately the archive generation inside the IPT does not exist as a separate library. Its rather tight to the IPT right now and not that easy to rip out I think.
> For this reason I started to write another small library while I was trying to export the species descriptions of the various wikipedias into dwc archives.
> Its also not entirely separate now, but I wouldn't mind making it a completely separate project.
>
> The project is on github right now with the main  class DwcaWriter here:
> https://github.com/mdoering/wikipedia-dwca/blob/master/src/main/java/org/tdwg/dwca/wikipedia/DwcaWriter.java
>
> This writer is creating tab data files, the meta.xml descriptor and some xml metatda if demanded.
> The writer allows you to add core records one after the other while being able to add any number of extension records to the current core record. Once you are done with a record you simply call newRecord() and pass it a core id. At the very end you call finalize to write the meta.xml and bundle the archive.
>
> The writer is being used here:
> https://github.com/mdoering/wikipedia-dwca/blob/master/src/main/java/org/tdwg/dwca/wikipedia/WikipediaParser.java
>
> Sorry for the incomplete codebase, but its a side project I never had time to finish properly.
> If you like the idea Id be glad to move the dwca writer to a project on its own that we can both work on?
>
> best,
> Markus
>

> On 26.09.2011, at 09:39, Aaron Low wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm a developer working on the BDRS -
>> http://code.google.com/p/ala-citizenscience/.
>>
>> I'm in the process of adding the ability to export observations of
>> species as a darwin core archive. I've been perusing your code files at
>> http://repository.gbif.org hoping to find a jar file that I can leverage
>> some of the functionality of the IPT without having to run whole
>> application. To achieve this I would like to include one (or more) of
>> the org.gbif jars as a dependency in our maven build.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the jar that constructs a new archive.
>>
>> Could someone please point me in the right direction? If the
>> functionality I'm looking for doesn't exist, that would be great for me
>> to know as well.
>>
>> Thanks for your time,
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Aaron Low