[IPT] About extensions

Tim Robertson (GBIF) trobertson at gbif.org
Mon May 16 08:57:54 CEST 2011

Dear Aurelio,

We have not yet formalized a way of defining extensions from the
social aspect (e.g. agreement, maintenance, governance etc) but
technically it is quite easy.

Please see http://rs.gbif.org/ where you will find the extension
definitions in XML (with a CSS to make them easier to read), and a
sandbox, where we can host your created extension while it is
developed and tested.  Sandbox extensions are only visible to IPTs
that are not in the LIVE/production mode, which is selected during
installation.

Are you planning to look at investingating DwC-A extensions for the
Plinian core based application schemas by any chance?  If so, we have
already done some work in this area which I can share with you.

Many thanks,
Tim