[IPT] Request to be added as commiter

Tim Robertson (GBIF) trobertson at gbif.org
Tue Jul 12 14:26:32 CEST 2011

Dear Shiraaz,

Thank you for your interest in the IPT and willingness to contribute.
It would be fantastic to have external contributions.

Like many open source projects, the way in which we would like to
operate is to have contributors submit a patch, which would be
reviewed by a committer.   Following some successful patches, the
contributer would be welcomed as a committer.  As a fairly immature
project, we don't yet have a large pool of contributers, so it is an
exciting time to get involved early.

The IPT is very lacking in unit test coverage as you mention and is
highlighted in sonar[1].  Increasing the unit test coverage would be a
good way to really help improve the project, and learn the code
structure.

We have just set up a review system[2] as well, which allows easier
review of patches.  I would recommend offering a patch there and we
can review it.

Does this help to get started?

Many thanks again for your interest,
Tim