[IPT] NOT production use versus GBIF registration & organisations in IPT

Herbario SANT sant.herbarium at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 21:30:39 CET 2011

Thanks a lot for your replies, Tim and John.

John, with "you don't actually have to redo the source data mappings
or metadata if you create a Darwin Core Archive from the original
data", you mean an archive containing not only metadata, but also all
our database data?

Or perhaps this kind of file may content not a database dump, but a
copy of the database type, db server address, db user/password, db
fields mapping to DwC and so on?

I am mostly interested in serving herbarium data (preserved
specimens). So, are we talking of a small file size (mostly filled in
with institution and collection metadata, but not with specimens data)
or a huge file (containing a static copy of all our specimen labels)?

Since our data are highly dynamic, the second file will soon be outdated.
So I am mostly interested if the first option is possible (a small IPT
backup file, not for backing up all our data, just backing up the IPT
installation/metadata).

Perhaps there is an example of such a "backup IPT installation
archive" I can see somewhere? Or instructions on howto create it

Thanks

--
David García San León
Herbario SANT