[IPT] IPT 2.0RC3 available for download

Tim Robertson (GBIF) trobertson at gbif.org
Fri Jan 7 22:48:08 CET 2011

Dear all,

The IPT development team are happy to announce that the IPT 2.0
release candidate 3 (IPT 2.0RC3) is now available for download and
testing from
http://code.google.com/p/gbif-providertoolkit/downloads/list

Thank you once again to everyone who has reported bugs and proposed
enhancements during the testing phase.  Since the IPT 2.0RC2 was
released some further 36 issues have been reported and addressed (http://tinyurl.com/2dev7uu
), with a total of 159 issues now fixed since testing commenced – well
done to everyone involved!

As we are approaching the 2.0 General Availability release, RC3 allows
users to configure the IPT to register against the GBIF live registry
and register and publish data to the GBIF network.  On a new
installation, after the data directory is selected, you may choose
“production use”, which will ensure the IPT communicates with the LIVE
GBIF registry.  Once selected, this cannot be altered so please be
vigilant in your selection.  If your intention is to test and
evaluate, please do not select production installation.

The expectation is that the 2.0 General Availability release (2.0GA)
will be offered in week 3, 2011, but this will not be done without the
agreement from the testing community.  During that week, we will call
a vote on the mailing list, to ask if anyone believes the IPT is not
yet ready to use for publishing data through GBIF so please consider
this during your testing.  Following 2.0GA we will continue to provide
corrective fixes, and will initiate discussions on the future
direction and functionality of the product.

The IPT roadmap planning is primarily based on the issues reported on http://code.google.com/p/gbif-providertoolkit/issues/list

Thank you once again for all your contributions and we welcome all
suggestions on how we can improve the process.

Kind regards,

Tim, on behalf of the IPT development team