[IPT] structured text files

Tim Robertson (GBIF) trobertson at gbif.org
Mon Apr 11 16:25:45 CEST 2011

Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you for the suggestion.  Indeed this is the intent.

Denmark for example (DanBIF) have such an installation here (http://192.38.112.86:8080/ipt/
) which is called the "DanBIF Hosting Center".  There are other such
hosting centers being set up, and I would encourage anyone wishing
this service to liaise with their GBIF Node to determine if this is
feasible within their country.

If not, please remember that the IPT is designed to work in a shared
hosting environment, which includes across countries.  This means that
you can have:

a) "DanBIF" has an IPT called the "DanBIF Hosting Center"
b) "FaunaPlan.org" have a dataset called "Vascular Plants"
c) "Germany" endorse FaunaPlan to publish content through GBIF
d) "DanBIF Hosting Center" provides the technical hosting of the
"Vascular Plants" dataset

All of this information is captured to allow for accurate attribution
to all parties.

I hope this helps,
Tim