[IPT] Functionality request: ADMIN checking data before GBIFregistration

Mihail-Constantin Carausu mccarausu at snm.ku.dk
Thu Sep 16 11:24:02 CEST 2010

I believe that the IPT ADMIN/MANAGER level control is now resolved with the
proposed functionality of "a) The preference would be to allow the ADMIN to
provide Registration privileges to individual MANAGERS ".

When a node manager endorses an institution can decide within the IPT
installation a configuration model giving the institutional data provider
the top Admin privileges or the Manager privileges with or without
Registration privilege.
However, in my opinion the hole idea of endorsement of an institution with
it¹s own provider means actually that  subsequent datasets to be
automatically detected and harvested, without the Node manager intervention
for each of them.

These user rights endorsements are much more powerful implemented at the
registry level, of course. But in this case where is going to be maintained
all these users and their rights: centrally, within the registry or at the
Node manager/IPT level or both places like it looks it will be the case now?
It is no doubt for me that the user rights implementation at the registry
level is much more powerful but the maintenance of all of the subsequent
users can be an overkill and has to be taken into account for the registry
development.

Mihail