[IPT] GBIF Integrated Publishing Toolkit

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Wed Sep 15 11:08:05 CEST 2010

[forwarding to list again as the message was rejected]

retrieving a full record from the network is a basic often needed feature. But there might be scenarios where people do not want to have a running server at all and prefer to simply publish their dataset to somewhere else. In that case  "somewhere else" could be responsible for exposing the records. An IPT used for (national) hosting might be such a solution (given the record resolution is implemented). But one could also think to serve the full, original record by GBIF centrally for those cases. That would require GBIF to cache a full record as it came in of course, e.g. the full ABCD or a DWC with extensions potentially unknown to us. We have that on our wishlist for quite some time already.

Is it correct that both solutions, IPT record resolution or central GBIF resolution, would work for the BioCASe portals?

Markus