[IPT] Some questions from developer from China

Tim Robertson trobertson at gbif.org
Thu Oct 8 13:46:57 CEST 2009

Dear Xu,

The work you are doing is really very excellent - well done!

The IPT code is in the Google repository, and contributions are very
welcome.

I would suggest if you have a developer wishing to contribute, the
most effective contributions at this point would be to tackle an issue
from the issues list, and then submit a patch to the contributers list
(http://groups.google.com/group/gbif-ipt-contributors).  We can show
the developers how to create a patch.  Patches would be reviewed and
then committed to the project after making any necessary changes.
After a few successful patches, access would be given to the source
repository and we could coordinate some development work, or make a
branch for specific new functionality.  This is a process typical in
open source development and is required to ensure that a common level
of understanding and procedures are met across the development team.

Thank you very much for your interest,

Tim
(GBIF secretariat)