[IPT] IPT connection problem

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Wed May 13 21:21:46 CEST 2009

Mickael,
do you get any feedback
  a) in the UI when saving a sql connection
  b) in the logs?

if not, how did you upgrade your installation?
You might want to try:
- stop tomcat
- copy your existing data dir somewhere else
- remove the exploded webapps folder
- remove the cached version in tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/ipt
- start tomcat with ipt.war inside webapps
- stop tomcat
- update webapps/ipt/WEB-INF/classes/ipt.properties to point to your
saved data dir
- start tomcat

thats the procedure for upgrading to a new IPT version while keeping
your data if its still living within the default webapps folder.
Did you do this and still get no message when saving a not working db
connection?

Markus