[IPT] Beta update

Dag Terje Filip Endresen dag.endresen at nordgen.org
Fri Feb 27 13:33:30 CET 2009

Hi Markus,

Saving the SQL settings from the IPT GUI, I only get the Yikes error message when trying to (both ipt-1.0b.3 and ipt.1.0b.5). But the settings seems to be saved ok when I revisit the Source data settings! Next I may successfully use the Resource Configuration to give the SQL statement and the property mappings. In the property mappings I can see genuine data from my database with the "view source" button. Next step is Cache - and does not work. I get relatively fast to the message "Source ready to be used.", but no data is actually to be seen from Explore - and the Validate button is still gray.

Automapping works for uploaded tab-delimited dataset, but not for the SQL statement (using SELECT column AS dwc_term).

I have tried with both ipt-1.ob.3 and ipt-1.0b.5 (built with Maven from the SVN version at Google Code).
My system is: a MacBook OS X version 10.5.6 (Leopard), Tomcat version 6.0.18 (and version 5.5.27 briefly tested), JVM version 1.5.0, Apache 2.2.11 with mod_jk version 1.2.27 (briefly tested, works fine).

When adding dataset from tab-delimited file, I leave empty values empty (just going ahead with the next tab (double tab). It seems to me like the IPT treats these as if one tab shifting the coulmns to the left...?

I also have severe problems with memory! My poor MacBook have only 2 GB and the IPT very often flips very very slow and takes a lot of time before it comes back to responding again. I do not at all manage to load the Geoserver application due to memory. I know I have too little memory and have been stretching the few 2 GB the MacBook came with too long already.

I often see the OutOfMemoryError in a Yikes page.

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Cheers
Dag Terje

PS. Great application - if oly it could be a bit less memory hungry...?

  _____