[GBIF-Asia] Upcoming Asia Office Hours and topics

Chihjen Ko cko at gbif.org
Mon Jan 22 08:33:17 UTC 2024

Dear readers,

A belated Happy New Year to all! And we hope that you have had a great start of 2024!

As we continue our support to strengthen our community of practice in Asia, we have laid out a series of topics that we would like to introduce and discuss in the coming Asia Office Hours. Some of them include:

- Training and learning resources from GBIF
- How to take a self-paced Biodiversity Data Mobilization Course
- Data Use Club
- Occurrences filter on gbif.org
- Data paper
- GRSciColl intro & workflow
- Using GBIF-mediated data
- GBIF supported data types and data quality requirements
- OpenRefine API feature
- OpenRefine other features (eg: faceting, clustering)
- Date capture/ formatting
- Data management/validation tools
- GBIF data validation tools
- Data publishing/IPT
- Georeferencing using Geopick tool
- Republishing dataset into production IPT from datasets published in test IPT
- Hosted Portals

We won't necessarily run these topics in the order they are presented here, but we will announce the topic of the week here prior to the scheduled Asia Office Hour. So if you are interested to revisit or learn more, be sure to watch announcements on this list (https://bit.ly/gbif-asia-mailing).

For each topic we will prepare a short presentation, then together with participants we can discuss, gather feedback, or share more information.

This Thursday we will begin by introducing "Training and learning resources from GBIF".

Please join us at your local time:

16:00 GMT+9:00 Seoul, Tokyo
15:00 GMT+8:00 Manila, Taipei, Singapore
14:00 GMT+7:00 Hanoi, Indochina, Jakarta
12:45 GMT+5:45 Kathmandu
12:30 GMT+5:30 New Delhi
12:00 GMT+5:00 Islamabad

And on every Thursday with the meeting link: https://ufl.zoom.us/j/94020649634

See you online!

Best wishes,
Chihjen and the rest of the GBIF Regional Asia Support Team

Chihjen Ko
Asia Regional Support Team
www.gbif.org/

ORCiD: 0000-0001-5912-1761