[COL-Users] NamesIndex missing translations?

MANCINI Raffael Raffael.MANCINI at mnhn.lu
Fri Sep 15 08:09:17 UTC 2023

Dear Markus,

thanks for the quick reply. I still have some questions left:

  1.  How does the NameIndex match names? Only by strict correspondence of the scientific name and authorship (modulo white-space and special characters)?
  2.  Do I understand correctly that the min parameter only relates to the fact that a name gets included in the result, not if it gets "collapsed"/"matched" into a single row? The second NIDX export with min=2 still has a lot of rows with only one of the IDs set.
  3.  The name "Abelona gigliotosi" shows up in your export with min=2 but it's only present in CoL not iNat (confirmed by a manual search on CLB). How come? To my understanding it should only show up in the min=1 export.
  4.  Are either of the matching algorithms (NameIndex and the regular /match/nameusages/job matching) documented somewhere?

In general, if I want some rather liberal matching, should I just go for the matching api instead of the NameIndex facility?

Best regards!

--

Raffael Mancini

IT administrator and developer

Service d'information digital sur le patrimoine naturel (SIDPNAT)

Musée National d'Histoire Naturelle Luxembourg