[COL-Users] ChecklistBank domain migration coming up

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Tue Feb 22 10:37:43 UTC 2022

Dear all,

the Catalogue of Life is driven by the underlying ChecklistBank (CLB) API which is currently served from https://api.catalogueoflife.org/<http://api.catalogueoflife.org/>
As the CLB  component has broader context then just the Catalogue of Life and is currently a shared investment by both COL & GBIF, we decided to move it away from the COL domain and instead use the neutral domain checklistbank.org<http://checklistbank.org>.

We plan to do this migration in the next days, keeping the old domain running for at least until end of march.
Please be prepared to update any use of our API once you hear about the final deployment on this list soon.
The COL portal will not be effected by these changes.

Starting with the domain migration we will also synchronise ChecklistBank with the GBIF registry, so that all checklist datasets with any of the CC licenses published to GBIF will also be available there.

With best wishes,
Markus

--
Markus Döring