[BID-Community] Biodiversity Information Standards (TDWG) 2020 Conference starts Monday!

Deborah Paul dpaul at fsu.edu
Fri Oct 16 20:34:02 UTC 2020

Greetings all!

Biodiversity Information Standards (TDWG) offers you free registration
in Eventbrite
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tdwg-2020-virtual-conference-1924-october-tickets-118881005287>to
the virtual TDWG 2020 conference
<https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2020/>. Please join us to add your
ideas and insights to the standards,software, tools, and methods we need
for sharing biodiversity data that will make our future selves glad.
Theme: Biodiversity Information Standards: Integrating Data from Local
to Global Solutions, 19–23 October (depending on your time zone).

See the overview Conference Schedule
<https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2020/conference-schedule/>and detailed
Session List <https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2020/session-list/>, both
now posted for you peruse and plan for the talks, sessions, or events
that you want to attend. Abstracts for all presentations are now
published in TDWG Proceedings 2020
<https://biss.pensoft.net/collection/222/>.

Did I mention Registration is Free
<https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2020/>(scroll down to "Register Now"
button), but also required to attend live sessions?
Please be sure to have a look at our Plenary Speakers
<https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2020/session-list/>! And note we have
3 Social Hours
<https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2020/session-list/#social%20sessions>
in the works too.
Did you miss the September working sessions
<https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2020/#two%20weeks%20of%20tdwg%202020>?
Catch the recorded video on TDWG’s YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3k926cEitgTHn0ib9FvJHA>channel or
choose specific sessions
<https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2020/working-sessions/>to catch up on,
including an Introduction to TDWG.

Please spread the word on twitter #tdwg2020, Facebook, Instagram, etc.

Hope to see you there! Send any questions to conf-organizers at tdwg.org

from the TDWG2020 Conference Organizers PS yes these sessions are being
recorded.

--
- Deborah Paul, Biodiversity Informatics (BI) Community Liaison
- Species File Group (INHS)
new email: dlpaul at illinois.edu