[BID-Community] Attendance at CBD COP14 meeting in Egypt

Tim Hirsch thirsch at gbif.org
Thu Aug 30 12:34:01 CEST 2018

Dear BID colleagues

We are currently making plans for a side event at the upcoming UN Biodiversity Conference (COP14) taking place in Sharm-el-Sheikh, Egypt from 17-29 November. It will be an opportunity to showcase the many great results coming out of your projects, both in terms of published datasets and applications of data to support biodiversity policy objectives.

Although we will present the overall progress and outcomes from the projects from the GBIF Secretariat standpoint, it will be great to include some contributions directly from project team members who are attending COP14. If anyone involved in the BID programme is planning to be in Sharm-el-Sheikh, or knows of colleagues from your institutions who will be there and may be able to present on your behalf, please let me know.

We will be submitting the side event application before the 15th September deadline, and will let you know more details once it is confirmed. It would be nice to know as soon as possible about potential attendees/contributors, but there will also be the possibility to join at a later stage.

Kind regards

Tim

Tim Hirsch
Deputy Director
Head of Participation and Engagement
Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) Secretariat

Universitetsparken 15
DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø
Denmark

+45 2875 1485 (mobile)