[API-users] Data user survey: help us assess the value of GBIF

Kyle Copas kcopas at gbif.org
Thu Jun 23 13:12:37 UTC 2022

Dear GBIF colleagues,

In the [Twenty-Year Review of GBIF][1] published in 2020, CODATA offered a recommendation (#4a) to commission a targeted study on "the monetary value of sharing biodiversity data and of the added value that data infrastructures provide to it."

To that end, the Secretariat has recently commissioned Deloitte Access Economics to assess the economic value and impact of the GBIF network, its data and its services. We would very much like input from data users on this list.

[This 10-minute survey for biodiversity data users][2] aims to learn more about how you access and apply GBIF-mediated data, along with other views and experiences you wish to share about any value you gain from the services we provide. The ideal respondents will already access GBIF's global services or (those of a GBIF partner or node) by downloading data, using an API, or accessing cloud-computing services.

If you're willing to help us, please complete the survey before it close son Sunday, 17 July 2022, at 11.59pm GMT (UTC+1).

If you have any questions about this work, please contact us at [communication at gbif.org][3]. You may direct specific questions about the survey to [gbifvaluationsurvey at deloitte.com.au][4].

Very best regards,
Kyle

[1]: https://doi.org/10.35035/ctzm-hz97
[2]: https://surveyapac.deloitte.com/jfe/form/SV_23JpuX4LK0ofHim
[3]: mailto:communication at gbif.org
[4]: mailto:gbifvaluationsurvey at deloitte.com.au

=====
Kyle Copas
Communications Manager
+45 28 75 14 75 | office +45 35 32 14 75 | skype kylecopas

GBIF Secretariat
Universitetsparken 15
DK-2100 København Ø
DENMARK