[API-users] Points appear/dissapear with zoom levels (Maps API)

Matthew Blissett mblissett at gbif.org
Fri Mar 6 14:48:23 UTC 2020

Hi Kumiko,

Thank you for raising this issue.

We calculate two maps (occurrences of Archaea, and occurrences in Japan) and use them to produce this map (occurrences of Archaea in Japan).  Unfortunately, due to the different way dense maps (Japan) and sparse maps (Archaea) are calculated, this comparison is failing.

I have an issue for this here: https://github.com/gbif/maps/issues/29

Until this is fixed, I suggest not filtering for only Japan, or else clipping the tiles to Japan client-side -- though I'm not sure if this can be done with MapBox.  Using the ad-hoc API is another option, but that has different limitations (e.g. restriction to WGS84 projection).

Best regards

Matthew Blissett