[API-users] Strange line on the base-map

Matthew Blissett mblissett at gbif.org
Fri Jan 11 13:08:03 CET 2019

On 07/01/2019 18:43, Adriaan van Os wrote:

> At zoom level 7, I get a strange line on the base-map here:
> <https://tile.gbif.org/3575/omt/7/61/92@4x.png?style=gbif-middle>

This is an effect of the process used to generate the polar projections,
which used a pre-tiled source of data for the oceans from zoom 7 and
up.  The rectangles are different sizes, so there are gaps between them
when their corners are reprojected into EPSG:3575.

I intend to reprocess the polar base maps, but since they're not often
used on the GBIF.org website it's not a high priority.

Cheers,

Matt

⇒ https://github.com/gbif/gbif-basemaps/issues/10